Monday, July 18, 2011

I'm going to be an Aunt(again)!!!!!!!!!

I actually drafted this post two weeks ago. I'll start at the beginning.


Chris and I started talks about having children a year ago on Valentine's day(I hate Valentine's day which is why I remember this conversation date). We decided we'd start trying in December. Fast forward to the summer of 2010 and I remember going to the lake with my brother and our exact conversation.


Me to John: Chris and I are going to start trying to have kids in December. You and Tahereh need to get on it because our kids are going to be best friends just like we are. I'm telling you, as soon as I'm pregnant I'm going to call every day to see if Tahereh is pregnant yet.
John to me: Uhhhh huhhhh.


I know this sounds strange, but my brother and I are very, very close. He's always been my protector, hero, sounding board, and all around hilarious best friend since the day I was born. The guy even washed my hair in the toliet with pieces of bar soap when I was little to help my Mom. So I always wanted for our kids to be just as close as we are. John and I are only 15 months apart, so you see my need for urgency here. I also just adore my sister. Sister-in-law just doesn't seem to do it justice since I've known her for 13 years now and grew up with her. Sometimes it seems like she's the older one because she gives me great advice on everything.


Now fast forward to Mom's birthday, May 12, 2011. We're sitting at dinner and I'm across from my Dad, next to my brother, and Tahereh is on John's other side. Here's a transcript of the conversation from my point of view:


Tahereh to Mom: I didn't like something I ate.
John to me: It's because she's pregnant.
Me to John(putting down my fork from eating off my Dad's plate, his food was better): Huh?
John to me(again): It's because she's pregnant.
Me (interrupting the converstaion) to Tahereh: ARE YOU PREGNANT!?!?
Tahereh to me: Why would you ask that?
Me to Tahereh: That's not a valid response!
Tahereh: Yes, we are!
Me: AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! (as crush my brother in a hug and practically knock him out of his chair to give Tahereh a hug and kisses on the cheek).


At this point in the game, I was still miserably sick and I swear the only thing that made me happy besides knowing I was having our incredible baby was knowing that John and Tahereh were having one too(seriously, ask poor Chris). I cannot express how excited I am. Mom and Dad are over the moon of course, they kept asking for grandkids, boy did God answer their prayers(ask Mom about Passion Island in Mexico)!


Back to the details, John and Tahereh are due January 12th, making them 14 weeks this week. They will find out the gender in the next 6 weeks. I'm betting a girl(because I found the most adorable Polo dress the other day) and Chris thinks they are having a boy. Chris' sister has 3 boys and Tahereh's sisters each have one boy. Lot's of boys in our family, so we'll see!


Congratulations, John and Tahereh!!!!!!


No comments: